I’m not sure that I’ve ever been officially tagged before. How exciting!
“Ground Rules: The first player of this game starts with the topic of “Five Weird Habits About Yourself” and the people who get tagged need to then write an entry about their five quirky little habits as well as state the rules of the game clearly. In the end, you need to list the next five people who you want to tag then go on to leave a tag comment on their blog. ”
Oh. Now I have to figure out 5 quirky things about me. Most of these will be things people already know about me, but hey, whatever works.
1. I sniff books. I love the smell of books. Most books. Not those textbooks where the combination of color ink and slick paper makes it smell like body odor. I don’t like those. I especially like the smell of cheap paperbacks. Mmmmm.
2. Occasionally, I bust out the rumpshaker, the cabbage patch, or some other out-of-date dance move to indicate happiness. If I’m really happy, I’ll add words. Like, “Oh yeah. You know it. It’s my birthday.”
3. Many people have commented that I remind them of Lisa Kudrow in her role as Phoebe in Friends. Not that we look a like, per se. I guess it’s just mannerisms and whatnot. Of course, now that Friends is off the air, that quirk is sort of dated.
4. I really hate Precious Moments. You know. Those little figurines and pictures they have for just about every occasion. I think what bothers me, (aside from their obvious attempt to make me go “Awwww” which never works, but I resent the attempt just the same) is that these little children are in adult situations. This kids are getting married, and having babies, etc, and they’re only like 5. It’s sick and wrong.
My dear, darling husband insists that my passion (he calls it an obsession) for Motley Crue is a quirk. I disagree. I believe there are many people out there with an even bigger jones for the Crue, so I will attempt to come up with another quirk. I’m sure there are many.
5. Ok. Here’s one. I use really big words in every day speech. Lots of times, people have to ask me what that means. I don’t mean to sound pompous and over-educated. I just like to find the perfect word to fit the sentence, and sometimes it’s… abstruse.
Ok. Now I have to come up with 5 people to tag. JMfausti, Denise, Holly (if she’ll answer in the comments of this one since she doesn’t have a blog, that I know of), Marie, and Readermouse.