Which I stole from Karen Edmisten at http://karenedmisten.blogspot.com/2009/06/book-meme.html
1. What author do you own the most books by? Most likely Jane Austen. Although she only wrote 6 books plus her juvenilia. So I might actually have more books by Anne Rice. But I have more books by and about Jane Austen and even more if you include take-offs of her work.
2. What book do you own the most copies of? Pride and Prejudice. It’s in the three-volume leather-bound compendium, and also in the set of Oxford Illustrated Jane Austen, and I have a Barnes and Noble Classics edition, and the Annotated Pride and Prejudice. Not to mention Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, if that counts.
3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions? Not until now.
4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with? Probably several. Mr. Darcy, Edward Cullen, you know, the usual suspects.
5. What book have you read the most times in your life? Not counting numerous reading of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, it’s probably Pride and Prejudice.
6. Favorite book as a ten year old? Jane Eyre.
7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year? Oh boy. I don’t remember because if it’s awful, I stop reading it. Last August I had to read The Ice Storm. That was awful. Truly.
8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year? I’m going to go with The Passage.
9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be? I don’t believe in that. Unless I’m teaching a class, and they are paying me to tell them what to read, forget it. I make suggestions, then let them take it or leave it.
10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie? The Passage
11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read? I don’t know. I try not to read anything too difficult. I usually stop. And if it’s emotionally difficult as opposed to intellectually difficult, I’m just as likely to quit.
12. What is your favorite book? Pride and Prejudice
13. What is your favorite play? Meh. I don’t know.
14. Poem? Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout
15. Essay? Haven’t read enough to have a favorite.
16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today? James Patterson.
17. What is your desert island book? Pride and Prejudice
18. And . . . what are you reading right now? She’s Not There by Jennifer Finney Boylan, The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender, The Parents Guide to Gifted Children, and Book Lust to Go by Nancy Pearl.